Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are co-educational residential schools primarily for the children from rural areas which aim at
· To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment. Adventure and physical education to the talented children from the rural areas. Students in the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas are admitted in class 6th and provided education up to class 12th. Now provision is made for lateral entry of students in class 9th and 11th.
· To ensure that all students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three language formula.
· To serve in each district as focal point for improvement in the quality of school education through sharing of experience and facilities.
· We envisage identification and development of talented bright and gifted children predominantly from rural areas who are denied good educational opportunities.
· Objectives of quality education are sought to be fulfilled through effective academic, co-curricular activities and adventure, physical education, reasonable level of competency in three language.
· We aim at the respective districts as focal points for improving quality of education through sharing of experience and facilities with continuous interaction with local community and helping these institutions to develop as centers of academic excellence.
· Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti is registered society under registration of societies act, 1860. The society is an autonomous body under the Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Ministry of HRD (Education) , Govt. of India, Hon'ble Minister of HRD (Education) is the Vice-Chairman of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
· JNVs are functioning at the district level through the Vidyalaya Management Committee under the Chairmanship of District Collector, in all the participating States and Union territories of the Country.
WHAT WE DO
· Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti are affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
· We provide free education including boarding and lodging as well as expenses on Uniform, Text book, Stationary, etc. However, a nominal fee @ Rs. 600/- per month charged from the students of Class 9th to 12th as Navodaya Vikas Nidhi. The students belonging to SC, ST categories, girls, disabled and children of the families below poverty line are exempted from the payment of fee.
· Reservation of seats - Rural at least 75% and Urban - 25% .
· Provision of reservation of seats for girls - 33%.
· Establish and run fully residential co-educational schools from class 6th to 12th.
· Extend Medical and Health facilities to all the students free of cost.
· Organize parent Teacher Council and conduct their periodical meetings.
· Provide admission in class 6th only through objective type test designed and conducted by CBSE in concerned district. Provision is also made for lateral entry of students of class 9th level.
· 30% of students in class 9th from a Vidyalaya located in one linguistic area spend one academic year in a Vidyalaya of a different linguistic region to promote national integration through understanding of the diversity and plurality of country's culture and people.
· Organize Computer Literacy and Computer Aided Education program.
· Organize National Integration meet for its students in order to create a climate for better understanding and communication in the Navodaya Vidyalaya.
WE AIM AT
· Providing quality education to the children.
· Developing harmonious growth of the personality of the children through variety of co-curricular activities.
· Creating the environment to bring out the best among the teachers and students.
· Adopt modern education techniques - external and internal accountability, effective leadership, linkages with the local community.
· Art in Education program - to provide opportunities for students to inculcate nationalistic values through sharing and learning traditional skills and art with the help of renowned traditional artists.
· Built-in-mechanism of self-reliance, self-evaluation, character, rigueur and discipline in academic pursuit.
· Freedom of experimentation and innovation.
· Admission in Navodaya Vidyalayas are made at the level of class 6th through a test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on allIndia basis. However, provision is also made for lateral entry of students in class 9th level and 11th.
· The medium of the test is in 20 Indian languages. It is non-verbal and objective in nature and is so designed that talented children from rural areas are able to compete without suffering from any disadvantage.
· All children who have studied and passed class 5th from any Govt. school/ Govt. recognized school of that district and are between 9 to 13 years are eligible to appear in entrance test for class 6th.
· We envisage establishment of a Navodaya Vidyalaya in each district of the country.
· Started with 2 experimental schools in 1985-86. They have now grown up to 598 JNVs as on (March 2017) covering as many districts in 34 States/Union Territories with 1.79 lakh students on rolls.
· The Samiti has its Headquarters at New Delhi and eight Regional Offices located at Bhopal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Patna, Pune and Shillong for admission of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas under their jurisdiction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
· Annual report of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
· Copies of scheme and Memorandum of Association.
· Website of NVS : http://www.navodaya.nic.in
· Publicity of scheme through TV, Radio, News paper, Information brochures, Posters etc.
· Director of Grievances. NVS Hqrs. can be approached for redressal of grievances which are not settled at Vidyalaya and Regional level
· Director, Public Grievances. Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, A-28, Kailash colony, New Delhi - 110 048,
EXPECTATIONS FROM OUR CLIENTS (STATES/UTs)
· Providing assistance to good quality education from class 6th to 12th in the Navodaya Vidyalaya in all the participating States/UTs.
· Providing suitable land free of coast for establishment of Navodaya Vidyalayas.
· Sufficient temporary accommodation free of rent for running the Navodaya Vidyalaya for a period of 3-4 years.
· providing basic civic amenities like electricity, water, transport an communication etc. at the site.
· Support and co-operation in education Endeavour's